Tuesday 19 March 2013

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector | Review

My love affair with lipgloss will never end, it always has been (and always will be) one of my favourite things. I can never leave the house these days without a slick of lipgloss on, whether it's on its own or over the top of a lipstick. I just love a glossy lip look and whenever there's a new launch I always dash out to the shops and buy one. Clarins will be releasing 3 new shades: Candy Shimmer, Petal Shimmer and Rosewood Shimmer which will all be available in May. I own one of their older shades: Rose Shimmer.

Clarins describe these beauties as "a softly textured lip gel with a deliciously sweet scent". Simply reading this description alone would coax me into buying one. I wouldn't of really said they were a 'lip gel' but more of a gooey, but not sticky, balm-like gloss. These are perfect to wear alone as they leave your lips soft, shiny and plump. Although all of the names incorporate the word 'shimmer' non of them actually transfer any shimmer onto the lips.

The squeezy tube with a sponge-tipped applicator makes these the most easiest to apply. They leave your lips with a slight gloss (not over done) and a hint of colour too, these do exactly as they say, 'perfect' your lips. As well as looking fantastic they feel and smell incredible too. Your lips feel hydrated and smooth afterwards, as it is a balm. They possess an alluring vanilla/caramel scent, making me want to re-apply this dozens of times (even though it's not needed) just to smell it. The price; £17 which made me whimper when it was time to hand my money over at the till, but hey ho they are (without a doubt) worth it, and I will most likely be heading towards my nearest Clarins counter in May to pick up one (or three) of their new shades.

What do you think of the Natural Lip Perfectors? Will you be trying them any time soon?

7 comments:

  1. I really want to try this. Great review, doll! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. just started following you! u have great stuff :D
    Just wondering what color this is? its it clear?

    <3. eymbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! it's a pale pink colour but it doesn't look very pigmented on your lips x

      Delete
  3. I want to try this! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so glad to hear that these aren't sticky! I'm not a huge fan of lip gloss formula type products that my hair always finds a way of clinging to so this was very helpful, thanks :)

    101studentbeauty.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete