Sunday 17 March 2013

The Weekend Post #1: Bookworm

I wanted to start a new series of posts and as I was scribbling down some ideas I came across ViviannaDoesMakeup's blog and noticed she does a ' The Weekend Post' which is when she just writes about things shes been doing in the week, etc... so I thought I would do it too, as I've seen a few other blogs with the idea as well. So I hope you enjoy!

Over the past few weeks, I really have been enjoying a quiet night just sat reading. Which is unusual for me as I usually can't spend more than 10 minutes without some kind of electrical thing within my grasp, but one of my New Year's resolutions was to read more, so I've been giving it a go.


The Hunger Games are an amazing series of books, I began reading the first book in the sequel when it was first released and it took me about 5 months to read (yes, I did say I wasn't the best at sitting down and actually reading) but once I'd finished it I couldn't stop and just wanted to carry on.

The book I've been reading this week is A Perfect Death by Kate Ellis.  Kate Ellis is a murder mystery author and I have previously read one of her other books (Kissing The Demons) which was a fantastic story that had me on edge almost every second. I see a lot of people on Instagram posting pictures of their recent reads and I've managed to make a list of books I would like to read:

The perks of being a wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
The fault in our stars- John Green
Looking for Alaska- John Green
A cursed inheritance- Kate Ellis
Wreck this journal- Keri Smith

I know that wreck this journal isn't really a 'book' but I still want it nonetheless.

What books have you been enjoying lately?
xxx


2 comments:

  1. I read whenever I have the chance and can spend hours reading if I have the time. I have just finished the two first books of the Lorien legacies (I am number four, etc.) and have just started reading "the catcher in the rye", which is rather strange so far. :-)
    "The fault in our stars" is a totally cry-book, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I've never read any of the Lorien Legacies books before, i might check them out next time I'm out! xxx

      Delete