Sunday 14 April 2013

The Weekend Post #5: Saving

My bank balance has been suffering quite a lot recently due to the 3 for 2 makeup offers in Boots, but I've decided I need to start saving up some money (finally) and I wanted to make something simple but cute to collect it in.
So after finishing my Spaghetti Bolognese, I cleaned out the jar and added a few 'decorations' to it.
I used a couple of coats of a glitter nail polish on the lid to add a bit of 'sparkle' to it. I was going to paint it but I would've had to buy some, which would of been silly seen as I'm supposed to be saving my money. I tied a bow around the top using some string and then stuck a little piece of paper on with 'savings' written on it. I really am hoping this cute little jar will encourage me to put a few pounds away every week. I'm also coming to the conclusion that I might own a tad too much makeup and I'm on a mission to use up at least 5 products before I buy any more. Now I'm not promising but I will try, haha!

What do you do to help you save?

10 comments:

  1. If I have a clean jar, I'm going to try this! I'm feeling a bit guilty after buying 5 nail polishes this weekend, so a little saving pot will make me feel better! Haha, a few pounds every week will soon add up! :)

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel! I've spent quite a bit on makeup recently (oops) so I need something to make me feel better! x

      Delete
  2. Brilliant idea, definitely going to have to try something like this myself!
    I have a terramundi ceramic 'money pot', but I'm always reluctant to use it as you have to smash it to get your money out!

    http://iburntyourtoast.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Having a ceramic money pot might be a bit better for me, then at least I couldn't get into it! x :)

      Delete
  3. I actually do the same thing! I recently saved enough money to buy my first DSLR :-)
    The jar thing really works!!
    would you like to follow eachother on bloglovin? your blog is lovely! let me know :-)
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a very good thing to do, look at your resolve and discipline! sometimes when i'm shopping and i really ant some clothes, i get them to hold it for an hour rather than just buying it, and then it gives me time to think it over :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just don't take my bank card out with me! Xx

    ReplyDelete