Thursday 2 May 2013

The Nails: MUA vs Essie...

Whilst I was browsing Superdrug the other day, I noticed that MUA have re-designed their nail polish bottles. I was actually quite shocked at how similar they look to the Essie bottles. I love how simple and professional-looking the Essie bottles are I didn't even know brands could make a product look so similar, obviously the MUA ones are smaller in size, and the packaging is a little more 'plastic' as you can see in the photo.

The price and quality of the products do differ though,  the quality of MUA is no way near as good as Essie but they do have a pretty selection of shades available to have a gander at. MUA's Pistachio Ice cream is incredibly similar to Essie's Mint Candy Apple. MUA's are priced at £1 each (a complete bargain if you ask me) and Essie's are £7.99.

A great factor with Essie's nail polishes are the brushes. I know every time I talk about Essie I mention this, but they really are fantastic quality and MUA have a lot of catching up to do if they want to beat them.
So there's my thoughts on the new MUA packaging, do you love or loathe it?

6 comments:

  1. I had the same reaction when I saw MUA`s stand in Superdrug. I love their new packaging. :)


    http://hdoverhls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new MUA packaging, but i do think theyve basically ripped off essie polishes xx

    LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essie. Love, Love, Love. I own it in several colors, it lasts long and applies nicely. I've never had the opportunity to try MUA since it is not offered in my Country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post, I do agree that MUA probably shouldn't have been able to design such similar packaging, although I do really like MUA's nail polishes!

    I find that on my nails Essie and MUA polishes last about the same time before they start to chip, although Essie ones do dry WAYYYY quicker.

    I've just started following you on Bloglovin', I'd really love it if you could follow me back as I'm quite new to blogging. :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love some of the MUAA nail polish shades, but Essie's colour range is much better x
      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete