Thursday 15 August 2013

New In | Maybelline Baby Lips

It's unbelievable how excited I actually got when I heard that Maybelline Baby Lips were being released in the UK, and I went a little crazy in Superdrug when I saw them. I picked up 4 of them; Pink Punch, Cherry Me, Minty Fresh and Peach Kiss. Everyone is going crazy for these and Superdrug were selling them like hot cakes, plus they're currently on offer, 3 for 2 so they're an absolute bargain!


(apologies for the bony hand)


Pink Punch
A bright bubblegum pink shade, that is surprisingly quite pigmented with a few swipes on the lips.

Peach Kiss
This is my favourite of the bunch, it just adds a subtle peachy tint to my lip which is perfect for everyday wear.

Minty Fresh
There isn't much to say about this really, as it doesn't tint your lips in any way but I love the minty smell! It's very refreshing and makes your lips look glossy too.

Cherry Me
I can see myself wearing this a lot in Autumn/Winter time as it's a beautiful cherry red shade which will go perfectly with a smokey eye look around Christmas time. It looks a bit darker on your lips in my opinion as well.


Overall I'm very impressed with these lip balms considering they're only £2.99 each! I love the colourful packaging of each of them as well. All of them are so soft to apply and feel lovely and smooth on your lips, and Minty Fresh has an added bonus of SPF 20. They claim to moisturise your lips for a full 8 hours, which I haven't tested out myself but they sure do make your lips feel hydrated.


Have you tried the new Maybelline Baby Lips?

4 comments:

  1. i went to two superdrugs the other day and both had sold out of baby lips, I was so disappointed.

    Lauren xx
    http://lilureelite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought my Superdrug had sold out too, but I asked the lady who worked there, and it turns out they were by the counter, not actually on the Maybelline section! I almost left feeling disappointed! I hope you find some next time lovely xxx
      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  2. These look so good – I like your photography too. Xx

    Helen @
    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! :)
      Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete